There are many reasons a homeowner might need to make home roof repairs in Denver. The common causes of Roof Repair Denver include fallen trees, water damage from debris build up, ice damming allowing water damages, wind damage, increased UV exposure and wildlife. Roofs are made to last a long time, 15-25 years on average, so unless your roof has lived out its life or shows severe signs of extensive damage, you may just need a repair as opposed to a whole new roof.
Factors to consider
There are factors that are considered when replacing the roofs. It is critical to have the best roof repair one that will last for a long time.
- Metal and Slate offer more protection and durability than traditional asphalt shingles
- Curb appeal and homeowner’s association rules on color and material
- Upkeep and ease of damage repair
Signs of damage include
- Bent, folded or dislodged shingle are clear indicators that you need repairs to your roof.
- Whole shingles or parts including grit in your yard or gutters can indicate damages and advanced age. Calling for a professional at this point will help you determine if you are in need of repairs or replacement
- Discoloration can be a sign of age or water retention on shingles.
- Internal sagging or water damage is a definite sign of a leaking roof or improper ventilation. Water damaged roof should be either repaired or replaced and always vented properly.
- Buckling is almost always a sign for a new roof.
Roof damage by natural means like wind, rain and ice are typically covered by your insurance company. Check your roof regularly during times of heavy wind, rain or snow and after every hail storm to catch damage as soon as possible before the damage spreads into larger more costly repairs.
- Clear valleys of any trapped debris in all seasons to prevent moisture traps which result in mold and water damage.
- Keep gutters clean to avoid water damage, especially in the winter when ice dams can cause severe damage to perpetuate.
With the right professionals and information, home roof repair in Denver does not have to be a dangerous endeavor. A properly fixed and up kept roof can be the most efficient way to protect your family and the rest of your home year round. Keeping an eye on your roof and catching damage early can save you money, time, and hassle in the long run.…